On 4th.02.2014, at Clark university in Lodz, we had a pleasure to successfully organize a roundtable meeting aimed at providing a forum for ethnic minorities, govrnment institutions and community leaders to discuss issues of common concern in Poland. The theme of the meeting was on “Contemporary forms of racism and xenophobia affecting ethnic minorities in Poland”.
The issues discussed included;
• Hate crimes
• Discrimination in the workplace , education and accommodation,
• Policing policies,
• Social inclusion,
• Immigration and related issues,
A wide range of government officials, community organizations, local elected officials, service agencies, and NGOs representatives were present;
1. Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe Office for Democratic Institution and Human Rights (OSCE/ODIHR)
2. US Embassy representatives; office political economic and human rights.
3. Fundacja Ocalenie
4. Ministry of interior
5. Representatives from the immigration department (Urzad wojewodzki)
6. Redcross representatives.